National Cyber Competition Ribbon
|| March 2015
|| Awaiting National Cadet Programs Approval
Similar to the National Cadet Competition or Color Guard Competition ribbon, the National Cyber Competition (NCyC) ribbon's purpose is to recognize outstanding participation in an approved cyber defense competition. A device will be added to the basic ribbon to denote advanced placement in the competition (set forth by the National Cadet Cyber Programs Team). The following criteria were submitted to National regarding CyberPatriot VI, VII, and VIII:
- National-level winners: all members will be eligible for the NCyC ribbon w/ Gold Star device.
- Platinum Round 4 (Category Round) winners: all members will be eligible for the NCyC ribbon w/ Silver Star device.
- Platinum Round 3 (State Round) winners: all members will be eligible for the NCyC ribbon w/ Bronze Start device.
- Platinum Round participants: all members will be eligible for the NCyC ribbon
- Team members will only be eligible to receive the highest award based on their participation for a given year.
- No recognitions will be awarded for Gold and Silver participants under this program; however, local squadron commanders may nominate members for recognition.
- All team members (cadets, mentors, and coaches) must be registered with AFA CyberPatriot and valid CAP members in good standing
- NHQ Cadet Cyber Program’s team will compile list of teams eligible for NCyC ribbon.
For the original bullet point paper submitted to NCP: