Cadet Cyber Badge
|| December 2014
|| Submitting New Proposal
Similar to a senior member specialty track, the cadet cyber track progression covers: education, practical application, mentorship, and progression in the cadet program. This program is developed to challange the "whole cadet" concept, not just cyber security training. The following criteria were submitted and approved for each level:
- Attain the Wright Brothers Award.
- Complete the Cyberspace Principles Course
- Achieve an 80% or higher on the Cyberspace Principles Course exam
- Register and participate actively in a cyber defense competition (e.g. AFA CyberPatriot) for one season or year. A team's "season" is based on their participation and progression through the competition.
- Be awarded the Cadet Cyber Badge - Technician Level.
- Attain the Mitchell Award.
- Complete the Cyber Defense Training Academy - Cyberspace Familiarization Course in-residence special activity
- Teach one or more topics of the Cyberspace Principles Course to local squadron, group, or wing
- Register and participate actively as a team captain or in a significant leadership role in a cyber defense competition (e.g. AFA CyberPatriot) for one season or year. A team's "season" is based on their participation and progression through the competition.
- Be awarded the Cadet Cyber Badge - Senior Level.
- Attain the Earhart Award.
- Complete a Cyber Defense Training Academy Intermediate in-residence course (e.g. Cyberspace Advanced Course, Cyberspace Networking Course)
- Serve as a high school-level cyber competition mentor (not active competitor).
- Complete cyber security certification (i.e. CompTIA Network+ or Security+) or complete 2 semesters of computer science at the high school level or college level.
For the new bullet background paper on this initiative: http://www.cap-cyber.org/images/initiatives/CyberBadge/BBP-New_CCyP_Cadet_Cyber_Badge.pdf
Technician Badge (Proposal)
Senior Badge (Proposal)
Master Badge (Proposal)